Advisory service is the service provided for the users to access the information they need in the fastest and most accurate way in order to enable the users to use the information sources effectively. The purpose of the advisory service is to provide users with information on the use of printed and electronic resources, to identify resources for the information needs of any type of user group that the library serves, to direct users to the relevant resources, and to provide training and advisory support when necessary.
To introduce Selcuk University Library services, usage rules and collection; separate library orientations are made according to user groups in order to teach how to make use of this collection and use the resources effectively. Those who wish to benefit from this service should complete the “User Training Form.. Library orientations are offered with different content for undergraduate, graduate and doctoral students, external users and private guests. New students are introduced to the general library collection, catalog search, collection usage and rules, while master and doctorate students are provided with training on the use of databases.
In the advisory unit;
. To assist researchers in their studies and to provide access to information by searching for resources together when necessary,
· Promotion and effective use of library resources through educational and promotional activities at various content and levels,
· Conducting interlibrary loan (ILL) services,
· Answering inquiries by phone, instant messaging, e-mail and face-to-face
· Training on information literacy and research techniques,
· Library promotion tours are organized.